Thursday, April 12, 2007

Update

Alright, I know I haven't posted in a while. I've felt a lack of inspiration... my days pretty much consist of sitting around at work waiting (waiting to get paid, waiting for April 25th review date), then going home, eating dinner, watching a movie, and then going to bed. Repeat. Well, at least that's the way it feels. I suppose I have had some variety recently.

A few weeks ago I went to a Chinese wedding. I keep meaning to write a post about that, but I never seem to get around to it.

My friend Mattei came to visit me for a week and a half. I met him in Beijing where I showed him the sights. We hiked 10k on the Great Wall, one of the most exhausting activities I have done in years. We spend the evenings out on San Lutin drinking entirely too expensive drinks. We definitely retreated back to the Shut Up Just Drink bar where prices are still adequate and they serve "F**ing Good Mojitos", as they are called on the menu (and they are).

I tried a new street food stall and consequently missed worked yesterday, praying to the porcelin god that resides in my bathroom. Yeah, that was fun. Lesson learned: stick to food stalls I know and trust.

Four hour venture into Walmart. They've increased their selection of western foods and I've finally bought a incandencent lamp so that I can turn off my horrendous flourescent lights in my house. Incandenscent makes Nick happy.

Other than that, nothing much is going on with me. I recently found two products which made me chuckle. I tried to upload the pictures, but blogger won't let me for some reason. I'll try later. To give you a teaser, one is a candy called "Crack Pop" and another is a product called, "Mr. Bond Coffee". Gotta love Chinese marketing.