Tuesday, March 13, 2007

It's been a while...

Wow... I haven't posted anything in a long time (with the exception of my Hulk tirade below). Guess I should catch people up.

During Chinese New Year, I high-tailed it out of this country for a few weeks. I hadn't been home in one year, so it was great to get back to Good Ol' Philamadelphia. I love Philly and the surrounding area... sigh.

My parents at home just jumped ahead a few decades and went from plain old broadcast television to fiber optic tv with DVR. They also invested in a 40-something in Sony HD LCD, so I a large portion of my first week on the couch.

After one week of sitting on my ass eating great food; I think I had 4 Italian Hoagies that week as well as 2 or 3 Cheesesteak (whiz wit', baby), I finally decided it was time to do something. The next week was a whirlwind of activity, and before I knew it, I was sitting back here in Yantai screaming at Chinese suppliers.

I'll make a short summary of my trip in list for (I've had complaints that my blogs can be too long):

  • I went skiing at Blue Mountain
  • I went to Mardi Gras with my fraternity bros!!! (another post on that later)
  • I went the Phi Kappa Psi annual Cherry Alley at my alma mater, Lafayette
  • Partied it up in Morristown, The Jerz
  • Had a family b-day party at a local Japanese restaurant
  • Bought myself the Canon SLR Digital Rebel XT with gift certificates from the fam.
  • Bought myself a new iPod Shuffle (I use it constantly... battery life is amazing)
  • Bought loads of clothes
And yeah... now I'm back here. Such is life, I suppose.

To everyone I saw at home, it was great to see you guys. To my friends that I didn't get to see, or for that matter even talk to, I am sorry... after my time with my family, I didn't have much time left and I know I missed out on seeing people I really, really wanted to see. To my bros who went to Mardi Gras... you guys are awesome and crazy. Best three days I never ever with to repeat. To those who wanted to go... tough luck, Charles... it ruled. Ehh, who am I kidding... we'll probably be going again some year.