Friday, December 01, 2006

I'm Frosty the Snowman, over here

Ok, I can understand the factory only having hot water for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours at night. When I'm sitting in my office, I don't have any pressing need to go downstairs and take a steaming hot shower. I suppose it makes sense that some money is being saved by not burning that coal. Yes, all of our heat (and electricity for that matter) is generated by coal.

What doesn't make a lick of sense is why the office heating is only turned on for those two hours in the morning!!

It gets slightly warm in here by about 10am, only to be tongue-stuck-to-the-metal-pole-freezing by lunchtime. I am sitting at my desk in a sweater, a coat, and mittens, clutching a glass full of hot water trying to get enough heat back in my fingers to type.

Yes, it saves money not to burn coal all day, but for the love of everything dear, what about the cost you accrue when your office productivity drops because everyone has hypothermia?!

And to add insult to injury, the Chinese president has a massive electric heater in his office keeping it toasty, which probably costs more to run that heating the whole office would with the radiators!!

AHHHH!!!!